Thursday, January 5, 2012

My first Monotone portrait-Failed step by step



This is my first monotone painting..ever. I have been doing a lot of research on watercolor paintings and one of the important tips I read about is that beginners must first master monotone painting before graduating to color.  This is from  David Lobenberg ( he has a blog and teaches watercolor in the US )

So I decided to do my first monotone painting. Using my green, red and blue colors (first time I used this brand of watercolor tube, Reeves because usually  I just use Prang ) to mix this sort of a grey color.

Looking at it now, it looks like blue green to me, so maybe next time I will add more blue in the mixture.
I used my usual 150 cold pressed paper. Hopefully I can do more monotone paitings for practise..

oh and I took a photo of the sketch because I wanted to record my step by step process just to give me a referrence but then I got caught up with my painting that I forgot! Oh well, maybe next time!

Till my next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment