Monday, February 6, 2012

Another portrait, different skin tone series

 ok, so the second portrait from the series I will make is a brunette colored girl ( is that correct?)
The original reference photo has gingham checkered blouse. I started painting the squares individually, but who am I kidding right? I just don't have the time, between juggling with hamlet and my house chores. hahaha,

So I kinda "suggested" the check with this effect and just hope for the best!

The technique for this portrait is mainly ( patience?? ) glazing and layering of colors to achieve the one color of the skin. So I started using red, yellow and eventually to darken the skin, violet hue ( mixed)

The hair is a bit challenging too but I think I did a pretty good job.

Till my next post.. don't know what to paint yet but I know an inspiration will come to me eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment